It’s the time of the year to make lists, and Flickr is no exception.
Here’s a technique you may not have come across before. The subject is chosen to fill only part of the image frame with the other part dark. Then the camera is rotated and a second image fills the missing portion – all in one long exposure with judicious use of the lens cap.
All details on their Facebook Page.
“Allied Westminster want this competition to celebrate village life and the vital role that village halls play in our communities. They want to champion the roles that these venue play in bringing all our communities together.
The Judges will be looking for photos that encapsulate that sense of village community and not just a pretty village image. So please get those camera out and start snapping the perfect picture for your community.”
The Royal Meteorological Society has announced the winners of their Weather Photographer of the Year 2019.
There are some rather splendid photographs.
- Lovely photos, great variety, enjoyed it.
- Great exhibition, lovely selection of photos.
- Excellent quality of photography.
- We liked the photos, especially the light/fire ones.
- Quite a diverse photographic range.
- All very good!
- Terrific, all wonderful.
- Fantastic shots!
- Lovely photos! Thank you.
- Stunning!!! All of them.
- As always, well worth viewing.
- Brilliant! Really enjoyed viewing these marvellous photos and information received.
- Such a high standard as ever!
- Some amazing prints.
- Beautiful exhibition, very interesting.
- Wonderful selection!
- Love shooting stars!
- 14. I like the mixture of expressions on their faces.
- All very good. So many stunning pics.
- Thank you for sharing this weekend. Really enjoyable.
- Beautiful Poppies.
- Amazing collection of photos from near and far. Fab quality. A local treasure and the dog loved it too!
- Excellent as usual.
- Such talent!! Excellent show.
- Superb, thank you.
- Super-duper display of brilliant work as ever!!
- What a well travelled group of photographers!
- Absolutely brilliant – gets better each year!
- Loved the photos.
- Nice exhibition.
- A wonderful exhibition – thank you.
- Excellent as usual.
- Enjoyed as always.
The Summer 2019 Audubon Photography Awards has some rather splendid bird photography.
Please bring along your 2 exhibition photos to the August Meeting.
One must be chosen from your assignment images for the last year. One must be any other image you have taken in the last year.
Images should be 16×12 inches at 300dpi. Note that this is 4:3 ratio, so a standard image will need to be cropped.
Photo details: title, camera, shutter speed, aperture, ISO and focal length should be emailed to Fred at email@example.com.
Stunning Photographs Created With a Torch Light Sabre.
There’s probably some knives, forks and spoons in there as well.
See the gallery of winning entries here.
At the NEC in Birmingham in March. See details.