- Lovely photos, great variety, enjoyed it.
- Great exhibition, lovely selection of photos.
- Excellent quality of photography.
- We liked the photos, especially the light/fire ones.
- Quite a diverse photographic range.
- All very good!
- Terrific, all wonderful.
- Fantastic shots!
- Lovely photos! Thank you.
- Stunning!!! All of them.
- As always, well worth viewing.
- Brilliant! Really enjoyed viewing these marvellous photos and information received.
- Such a high standard as ever!
- Some amazing prints.
- Beautiful exhibition, very interesting.
- Wonderful selection!
- Love shooting stars!
- 14. I like the mixture of expressions on their faces.
- All very good. So many stunning pics.
- Thank you for sharing this weekend. Really enjoyable.
- Beautiful Poppies.
- Amazing collection of photos from near and far. Fab quality. A local treasure and the dog loved it too!
- Excellent as usual.
- Such talent!! Excellent show.
- Superb, thank you.
- Super-duper display of brilliant work as ever!!
- What a well travelled group of photographers!
- Absolutely brilliant – gets better each year!
- Loved the photos.
- Nice exhibition.
- A wonderful exhibition – thank you.
- Excellent as usual.
- Enjoyed as always.
As ever, here are the comments from our exhibition comment book:
- Great stop on our dog walk. Nice to see village exhibitions.
- Fabulous photos! Very talented group of photographers.
- Great pictures as usual. Well done!
- High standard! Well done.
- Some great photos! Fantastic.
- Impressive! Such professionalism.
- As always, amazing standard and variation.
- Very diverse pictures and difficult to choose a favourite.
- Fantastic photos!
- Thanks to all, great exhibition!
- Excellent and varied topics/subjects. Thank you.
- Lovely, only came to High Street to get my papers.
- Wow, just fantastic images. The club goes from strength to strength.
- So imaginative, to have the gift of looking at something ordinary and turning it into something extraordinary.
- Superb, thank you.
- Fantastic! Excellent display of work!
- Beautiful images! Well done.
- Thank you for a superb show!
- Enjoyed it as always. Hard to choose a favourite.
- Every year I like to see the photo show. Thank you.
- Thank you so much – some amazing photos!
- Another year of great photos.
The annual exhibition is at the Public Hall, High Street, Willingham
Saturday: Noon to 5pm
Sunday: 10:30am to 4:30pm
Pat yourselves on the back whilst reading these comments from our exhibition:
- An incredible display, showing a wide range of subjects. Great visualisation and a very high standard. The photography club should be very proud.
- Brill, fantastic work, well worth a visit.
- Really enjoyed the range of photos-especially on film.
- Excellent photos!
- Great display.
- Wonderful photos, as always….
- Superb, thank you.
- Wonderful photography, such a high standard and an amazing varied collection. Always inspiring and a perfect way to spend a Saturday morning too.
- Really great photographs, feel like I need to join the club.
- Excellent photos, thank you.
- Great photos.
- Marvellous pictures, well done!
- Lovely pictures, brightened up a dreary day.
- Absolutely Brilliant, as always.
- As usual, an impressive selection.
- Just gets better and better, year on year.
- Great show, nice pics, well done.
- Again brilliant, great talent amongst us.
- Brilliant pictures, I wish I could take pictures like this.
- Such skill and imagination captured.
- Beautiful selection of photos.
- All lovely subjects, but I do like the abstract.
- Brilliant photography.
- Love all the great photos especially the bubbles by Jacquie and Graffiti by Keith.
- A brief but enjoyable visit, very good.
- Fabulous display as always. Very professional and artistic.
- Some great images, well done to all.
- Thank you for offering a voting opportunity, It made me look and appreciate more slowly.
- Great photos. Very enjoyable visit and clearly so many talented people.
- Very interesting collection of images.
- Really good, so varied, interesting and artistic.
- Great standard and good subjects, as good as last year, keep it up.
- Another very high standard exhibition.
We had 216 visitors (and 3 dogs) over a very successful weekend. Here are the entries from the comment book:
- Fantastic array of photos
- Most enjoyable
- Absolutely stunning, high quality of photographs
- Great set of photos, thanks for sharing
- Really enjoyed it
- Really beautiful photos and ideas
- Impressive local talent
- Great series of photos, also very much appreciated by my mum, who is over from the Netherlands
- Great pictures
- Great series of pictures, all well done
- An eye opener, to know how to take photos
- Lovely photography
- Incredible high standard
- Absolutely fantastic
- Great content and perspective
- Love the daffodils picture, they are all beautiful
- Another great show of high quality photos
- Beautiful photos
- Lots of lovely photos
- Great to see this in Willingham
- Very good display
- Excellent quality
- Some excellent photography
- Such talent
- We are new to the village and was lovely to see talented people
- Fantastic really enjoyed looking round lovely photos
- Really enjoyed this exhibition, my favourite is ‘Scooter in the ally’
- Inspiring, beautiful photos
- Really good photos of a very high standard
- Very impressive display
- An absolutely marvellous exhibition
- Another brilliant exhibition
- What a talented group, we enjoyed the exhibition and feel inspired
- Lovely photos, very talented, very much enjoyed these lovely pictures
- Beautiful photos, thank you for letting us see them
- Amazing photography, loved all of them, but you should be charging more
- Excellent photos from a variety of places and different styles
- Fantastic selection, all different, all very good
- Superb as always, thank you
- Really good, lots of variety
- Amazing photos
The committee and I would like to say a huge thank you.
We know that during the last few club nights we have not covered very much, as in assignments. But believe us when we say that it was worth it to sort out our exhibition. Stephen has still put quite a bit of work in to get us exhibition ready.
The photos have all arrived and we are doing the finishing bits to them this week.
So thanks again, we look forward to see them all on display on feast weekend.
The details of your exhibition entries will be printed by Fred, and he needs them as soon as possible. Please fill in this Exhibit details form and send it to Fred at email@example.com.
At the Willingham Parish Council meeting last night, it was agreed that we will be able to use the Public Hall for our exhibition. Thanks to Anita and Fred for writing letters and turning up, Reg (and WAG) for pushing this whenever he could, the Public Hall Users Committee for their support and finally the Parish Council for letting this popular event continue in what we like to think of as its home.
Anita has transcribed the comments book so we can share our visitors’ views:
Very impressed by the unique photographs. Inspirational.
Lovely collection of work, obviously some very talented photographers. Good
Lovely prints. Seen 2 I want to buy, will send husband round. Makes me want
to get my camera out!
Very good photos.
Wonderful range of images, great artistry.
Getting better each year! Labelling very informative. Hazel Denslow.
I really liked it. A very impressive exhibition, there are really range of
photographs. K Moma.
Very interesting and varied exhibition no.42. Jim & Carol Grant.
Superb, thank you.
Wonderfully wide range of excellent photos.
Wonderful. We all loved trying to work out the locations of some of the
Brilliant. some great shots.
Very surprised!! Really good.
Really enjoyed it, good pictures to look at.
Great pictures, thank you.
I really enjoyed the display and loved Colin Brown’s Pics!!
Great photos, really enjoyed the exhibition 2014.
Very interesting subjects & colour images.
Very nice exhibition, excellent photography.
Excellent photographs, what a talented group!!
The photographs get better every year. Jenny Purnell.
All the photographs are beautiful. Jo Bouar.
Love the piano keys. G Vass.
Brilliant, standard goes up each year, so much talent in our village.
Excellent photographs. P Marshall.
Very interesting exhibition, very enjoyable. T Bier.
Wonderful photographs. Judy & Robert Williams.
Great Exhibition and range of images.
On behalf of the current gang of 4 I would like to thank everyone for their help and support in putting on this year’s exhibition. We have had quite a few people say they will come and try and out the club.
We have had 194 visitors and 5 dogs over the last 2 days.
I will be emailing Derek with the written comments people have made, so keep looking at our website.
Well done everyone,
And a huge thanks to you Anita and the Gang for organising and admin.
The standard of photos was so high the judging came down to very fine points of technique and composition. Congratulations to the winners and to everyone for displaying your work, it all made for s great exhibition.
Mr Francis J Pullen
Well said, Francis, many thanks to all involved in making it such a great exhibition. Much evidence of lots of planning, practical help, creativity, display manufacture and donation of time and enthusiasm! Great stuff.
Dear Photo Club
Just to say thank you for holding the exhibition again. The Feast continues to be a significant event in the village life and the photo exhibition has become a very important part of it.
Sadly, I didn’t get to see it as I didn’t get a free minute from early Saturday until now on Sunday afternoon. However, I did get a preview via the internet and I see the standard continues to improve.
With very best wishes
I too would like to add my thanks to the gang of four for their efforts in organising yet another successful exhibition. As the current chair of WAG I am fully aware of the effort needed to make such events successful. I would also like to record the efforts of fellow members in producing a display of incredible quality. I was yet again “gob smacked” by the quality of the photos which get better year after year as recorded by many of the visitors to the exhibition. Alas this means we have to produce even better photos over the next year. For me not a problem, not because I am starting from a low level but as I know I will be helped by over 30 other members who are not only willing to share their experience and expertise but to do this in such a friendly atmosphere, and of course our two professional members who are so willing to help us improve. But beware Francis and Stephen; civilisation grows and improves as the students become the teachers. I am looking forward to becoming a professional photographer in a few years.
To end on a slightly personal note the overall organiser of the Feast is WAG (Willingham Action Group) as well as the community Orchard/woodland at the Old Rec, QEII field children’s area, tree planting throughout village, electrical recycling, “Its a Knockout” and more. We too need volunteers to organise and deliver the improvements sought by the village. If you are interested please come to the WAG executive/member meeting at the Octagon 19:30 8th October.