Our thanks to George for an entertaining and instructive talk – and with next month’s subjects including “Album Covers” there is probably quite a lot of scope for putting into practice some of George’s composite photo techniques.
Some of these are tricks, others I would describe as merely techniques, but they are all fascinating and some are revealing.
And now you know why Francis gave up Wedding Photography!
All of the fantastic entries to the Snap the Ouse Photography Competition have now been shortlisted and the eight finalists are up for public vote on the Ouse Washes Landscape Partnership’s website.
Please do vote for your favourite and pass on to your local contacts.
Countryside Engagement & Marketing Officer, Ouse Washes Landscape Partnership
Closes Sunday 29th May
In the lead-up to the exciting summer OuseFest celebrations (18 – 31 July), the Ouse Washes Landscape Partnership are running the 2016 Snap the Ouse Photography Competition. The competition is open to any photographs that define the character and feel of the Ouse Washes and surrounding areas, and that depict what makes our area great. Whether your photographs show landscapes, wildlife, people, buildings or water, you are encouraged to enter.
There will be three winners, one from each entrance category (age 12 or under; 13 – 18; 19 or over), who will each receive a fantastic basket of prizes worth £50. To participate, please send your photographs taken in the Ouse Washes or surrounding area to Sara Marshall by Sunday 29 May 2016.
More information can be found on the Ouse Washes Landscape Partnership website. Good luck and happy snapping!
Stephen would like to ask you to help fund raise for his London exhibition in June. This will entail a print auction in Cambridge on the 7th of April starting at 6:30 and bidding begins at 7:15. It will be held at 2648 Club, on Trinity Street Cambridge.
Prints have been promised from some well known photographers, we will keep you informed of the list.
If you would like to donate prints for the auction, he requires them to be between 10×8 to 20×16, please also supply a small image for the catalogue. These small images will need to be emailed to Stephen and prints given to him on our club night on the 21st of March.
Everyone is welcome to attend the print auction and the exhibition in London. Details of which will be given closer to the date in June.
If you have any questions please email Stephen directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
We would both like to say a huge thank you for supporting Stephen in this venture.
See Photography Competition ‘Connecting Lights’ for details
- Long exposure
- Personal Interpretation of the Light Festival
Here are details for those members who wish to photograph the e-Luminate Festival lights in Cambridge on the 15th February.
There are currently 16 members signed up to go, so to make the group manageable on our walk, and to reduce waiting time for everyone to get their shots, the group will be divided in to 3 smaller groups, escorted by Fred, Phil and myself, who will give advice where needed on camera settings, positions and venues.
We will meet outside the Round Church between 19:30 and 19:45, ready to start shooting no later than 20:00, starting at St John’s College, and moving up Trinity Street to The Senate House, King’s College and Chapel, the Guildhall and anywhere else that time permits.
Click on this link for the official e-Luminate website,
- The Park Street Car Park is only 5 minutes walk from the Round Church and costs 80p per hour after 5pm, pay on exit. If you wish, you can arrange car sharing between yourselves.
- The Guided Bus ‘B’ service leaves from Longstanton at 18.43 or 19.13 and takes about 20 minutes to reach the Round Church stop (request stop). The return bus departs Drummer Street at 21:35 or 22.35, or from Jesus Lane (opposite Patisserie Valerie) about 3 minutes later.
- DSLR and Mirror-less – bring a wide angle lens as the buildings are tall. I suggest prime lenses or a medium zoom of about 18mm-55mm. You will need to use an ISO of 800 or 1600 (maybe more).
- Compact Camera and Phones
- As you can’t change the lenses, we will give you the best settings and advice where we can.
- bring one if you wish, as some of the longer distance shots will only have minimal light, and therefore low shutter speeds.
- handy for changing camera settings in the dimly lit streets.
If it rains, I shall still be going with an umbrella and plastic bag to cover the camera!
If you decide not to attend for any reason, please send me a text or phone the number below, so we don’t wait around for your non-arrival!
If you need any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact me, and I look forward to seeing you all on the 15th.
Mr Francis J Pullen Photography
Wedding | Portraits | Corporate
07768 364 567
I have had to change my printer and the previous inks are not compatible. So, I have genuine Canon Pixma 5PGBK and CLI 551 BK cartridges left. I would accept £12 for the pair, buyer to collect by arrangement. Probably cost twice or more than that in the shop or on line.
Contact: Colin at email@example.com
We had 216 visitors (and 3 dogs) over a very successful weekend. Here are the entries from the comment book:
- Fantastic array of photos
- Most enjoyable
- Absolutely stunning, high quality of photographs
- Great set of photos, thanks for sharing
- Really enjoyed it
- Really beautiful photos and ideas
- Impressive local talent
- Great series of photos, also very much appreciated by my mum, who is over from the Netherlands
- Great pictures
- Great series of pictures, all well done
- An eye opener, to know how to take photos
- Lovely photography
- Incredible high standard
- Absolutely fantastic
- Great content and perspective
- Love the daffodils picture, they are all beautiful
- Another great show of high quality photos
- Beautiful photos
- Lots of lovely photos
- Great to see this in Willingham
- Very good display
- Excellent quality
- Some excellent photography
- Such talent
- We are new to the village and was lovely to see talented people
- Fantastic really enjoyed looking round lovely photos
- Really enjoyed this exhibition, my favourite is ‘Scooter in the ally’
- Inspiring, beautiful photos
- Really good photos of a very high standard
- Very impressive display
- An absolutely marvellous exhibition
- Another brilliant exhibition
- What a talented group, we enjoyed the exhibition and feel inspired
- Lovely photos, very talented, very much enjoyed these lovely pictures
- Beautiful photos, thank you for letting us see them
- Amazing photography, loved all of them, but you should be charging more
- Excellent photos from a variety of places and different styles
- Fantastic selection, all different, all very good
- Superb as always, thank you
- Really good, lots of variety
- Amazing photos
The committee and I would like to say a huge thank you.
We know that during the last few club nights we have not covered very much, as in assignments. But believe us when we say that it was worth it to sort out our exhibition. Stephen has still put quite a bit of work in to get us exhibition ready.
The photos have all arrived and we are doing the finishing bits to them this week.
So thanks again, we look forward to see them all on display on feast weekend.