Here are details for those members who wish to photograph the e-Luminate Festival lights in Cambridge on the 15th February.
There are currently 16 members signed up to go, so to make the group manageable on our walk, and to reduce waiting time for everyone to get their shots, the group will be divided in to 3 smaller groups, escorted by Fred, Phil and myself, who will give advice where needed on camera settings, positions and venues.
We will meet outside the Round Church between 19:30 and 19:45, ready to start shooting no later than 20:00, starting at St John’s College, and moving up Trinity Street to The Senate House, King’s College and Chapel, the Guildhall and anywhere else that time permits.
Click on this link for the official e-Luminate website,
- The Park Street Car Park is only 5 minutes walk from the Round Church and costs 80p per hour after 5pm, pay on exit. If you wish, you can arrange car sharing between yourselves.
- The Guided Bus ‘B’ service leaves from Longstanton at 18.43 or 19.13 and takes about 20 minutes to reach the Round Church stop (request stop). The return bus departs Drummer Street at 21:35 or 22.35, or from Jesus Lane (opposite Patisserie Valerie) about 3 minutes later.
- DSLR and Mirror-less – bring a wide angle lens as the buildings are tall. I suggest prime lenses or a medium zoom of about 18mm-55mm. You will need to use an ISO of 800 or 1600 (maybe more).
- Compact Camera and Phones
- As you can’t change the lenses, we will give you the best settings and advice where we can.
- bring one if you wish, as some of the longer distance shots will only have minimal light, and therefore low shutter speeds.
- handy for changing camera settings in the dimly lit streets.
If it rains, I shall still be going with an umbrella and plastic bag to cover the camera!
If you decide not to attend for any reason, please send me a text or phone the number below, so we don’t wait around for your non-arrival!
If you need any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact me, and I look forward to seeing you all on the 15th.
Mr Francis J Pullen Photography
Wedding | Portraits | Corporate
07768 364 567