We’ve talked about this photograph at meetings, but here is a deeper investigation into its history.
Prize Winning photo disqualified when anteater is revealed as a dead, stuffed animal.
I whipped out my wallet-size UK Photographer’s Rights crib sheet at the photo club and promised to share it:
You can download and print out the full sheet here.
This is best used as an aide memoire: apparently the police don’t respond well if info sheets are waved in their faces.
“I’m an amateur photographer taking pictures for fun. Would you like to see them officer?”
is recommended if approached by an officer.
Fancy a challenge? The British Journal of Photography has announced their Portrait of Britain Competition. Closing date is 1st May 2018.
Winners will have their work exhibited on JCDecaux screens nationwide, on bus stops, high streets and in train stations, as part of the biggest exhibition of contemporary portraiture ever held.
Your photograph will be seen by millions of people as they embark on their everyday journeys, brightening up their commutes and embedding your work in their consciousness. This career-changing exposure is unique to the scale of Portrait of Britain, which reaches across the length and breadth of the UK.
The winners have been announced and can now be seen here.
I am going to upgrade my Canon 70D shortly and wondered if there might be someone at the photo club who would be interested in it. I’ve hawked it around the secondhand equipment buyers and if I am going to give it away then I’d rather it is to someone I know!
The kit is:
Canon EOS 70D
Condition: Like new (23K actuations)
Includes: battery, charger, manual and original box
Canon EFS 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS STM
Samyang 10mm f/2.8 ED AS NCS CS, Canon fit
Condition: Like new
Includes: hood and original cloth lens bag
Canon EF 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 II USM
Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG, Canon fit
Condition: Well used
All for £1000
I’m looking to sell it before Xmas otherwise it the secondhand dealer.
You can still enter this competition, but here you can look at some of the entrants so far. It seems that you really need a drone these days…
Pat yourselves on the back whilst reading these comments from our exhibition:
- An incredible display, showing a wide range of subjects. Great visualisation and a very high standard. The photography club should be very proud.
- Brill, fantastic work, well worth a visit.
- Really enjoyed the range of photos-especially on film.
- Excellent photos!
- Great display.
- Wonderful photos, as always….
- Superb, thank you.
- Wonderful photography, such a high standard and an amazing varied collection. Always inspiring and a perfect way to spend a Saturday morning too.
- Really great photographs, feel like I need to join the club.
- Excellent photos, thank you.
- Great photos.
- Marvellous pictures, well done!
- Lovely pictures, brightened up a dreary day.
- Absolutely Brilliant, as always.
- As usual, an impressive selection.
- Just gets better and better, year on year.
- Great show, nice pics, well done.
- Again brilliant, great talent amongst us.
- Brilliant pictures, I wish I could take pictures like this.
- Such skill and imagination captured.
- Beautiful selection of photos.
- All lovely subjects, but I do like the abstract.
- Brilliant photography.
- Love all the great photos especially the bubbles by Jacquie and Graffiti by Keith.
- A brief but enjoyable visit, very good.
- Fabulous display as always. Very professional and artistic.
- Some great images, well done to all.
- Thank you for offering a voting opportunity, It made me look and appreciate more slowly.
- Great photos. Very enjoyable visit and clearly so many talented people.
- Very interesting collection of images.
- Really good, so varied, interesting and artistic.
- Great standard and good subjects, as good as last year, keep it up.
- Another very high standard exhibition.
Here is something to aim for if you are planning on photographing fireworks this bommy night.